WBRS is composed of three general Departments that make up the dominant part of our schedule: Music, News, and Sports. Please check out each department’s page to learn more about these and other programs that run through WBRS.
To get involved…
- Students can come to one of WBRS’ general meetings on Tuesdays at 8 PM in the SCC or email any staff member of WBRS to get more information.
- Intern on a radio show that interests you, whether it be news, sports, music, etc. for a total of four hours.
- Complete six-eight (depending on prior DJ status) hours of co-op work (some sort of labor directed by a board member that contributes to the upkeep of the station).
- Schedule and pass a DJ test demonstrating your knowledge of WBRS and the equipment it uses on a daily basis organized by our Personnel Director (email@example.com).
- Arrange your very own block in the WBRS broadcasting schedule by coordinating with Programming Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Go do your show – You earned it.
Get involved today!
The Music Department is WBRS’s largest department, with 30 original and diverse music shows broadcast every week. In addition to our on-air programs, the Music Department oversees WBRS’s extensive physical and digital music collections. Find out more about our music department’s programs by clicking here.
WBRS Sports is the Broadcast Home of all Brandeis University Athletic Events. In addition to our broadcasts we also have tons of weekly talk shows and a very devoted staff. We also cover professional sports and conduct fantastic interviews. Find out more about our sports department’s programs by clicking here.