WBRS is the non-commercial student radio station licensed to Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts. We broadcast 24/7/365 serving Brandeis University, Waltham and the surrounding communities. WBRS broadcasts with an ERP (effective radiated power) of 25 watts at an elevation of 46 meters HAAT (height above average terrain). Our facilities are located on the Brandeis campus with studios in the Shapiro Campus Center and transmitter on top of the Rabb Graduate Center. WBRS is licensed by the FCC as a Class D station, reaching Framingham and Natick to the west and as far as East Boston and Logan International Airport to the east.
WBRS’ motto is ‘Something for Everyone.’ We encourage all artists, labels, and radio services to contribute material for airplay. WBRS prides itself in also being able to provide Brandeis University’s student body with a diverse array of services including radio DJ training and certification, concerts and live music events, equipment rental, station education, and professional development for students interested pursuing careers in media or broadcasting. Although WBRS is entirely student -run, the station also reaches out to the greater Waltham area with shows run by community members and Brandeis faculty. Tune in today for the latest and greatest from WBRS 100.1 FM!
The heart of WBRS is the passionate DJs who keep it running 24/7 with their excellent radio programming and dedication to the station. We are always looking and encouraging new people to get involved, and it is really simple to do so.
- Come to one of WBRS’ “New Members Meetings” or email any staff member of WBRS to get more information.
- Intern on a radio show that interests you, whether it be news, sports, music, etc. for a total of four hours.
- Complete six-eight (depending on prior DJ status) hours of co-op work (some sort of labor directed by a board member that contributes to the upkeep of the station).
- Schedule and pass a DJ test demonstrating your knowledge of WBRS and the equipment it uses on a daily basis organized by our Personnel Director (email@example.com).
- Arrange your very own block in the WBRS broadcasting schedule by coordinating with Programming Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Go do your show – You earned it.
Get involved today!